For details about joining the Choir please contact Gina or Geoff Milsom at email@example.com
New Choir Members Information
Choir practice is on a Thursday 6.40-8.00 unless you receive a letter saying otherwise. No choir practice throughout August
Services- 1st Sunday morning 10.30 Please arrive by 10.15
3rd Sunday morning please arrive by 10.15
Uniform We supply a sweatshirt. Please wear grey or black skirt or trousers and white blouses
Choir pay if the choir member attends all practices and services required to sing at a maximum of £10 is paid per month. Paid after the morning service on the 1st Sunday
As part on the ongoing development of the Chorister we offer the choristers qualifications from the Royal School of Church Music. Geoff is the registered trainer for the ‘Voice for Life ‘qualifications which lead onto The Deans qualification and the Bishops qualification which are external examinations. These certificates can be used on CV’s and in their folders of achievement.
The first certificate is white and leads on from light blue to yellow.
We would like all of the choristers to obtain the light blue qualification in time although there is no time pressure on this. We will then discuss with each individual junior moving on to Dark Blue etc as they progress. There is no compulsion at all to take this further and it will depend on each chorister.
We are aware some choristers will just want to come and sing and not take the certificates.
To be able to see what they have achieved with the white certificate the targets are below:
Singers at White Level must be able to:
• Stand and sit well when singing, holding music appropriately
• Sing with focus and concentration in rehearsals, performances and church services
• Follow the conductor, especially at key moments within a piece, such as the start and end
• Match the pitch of a note (within an appropriate range) sung to them or played on the piano
• Sing a five-note scale up and down
• Identify which of two notes is higher or lower
• Sing back a simple one-bar melody within a five-note range
• Clap in time to a familiar song or hymn
• Find their place in a musical score using bar numbers
• Understand common musical symbols, including repeats, breath marks and pauses
• Identify their vocal line within a score
• Know and understand the basic dynamic markings ( p, crescendo and diminuendo)
• Attend choir rehearsals regularly and punctually
• Advise the choir director in advance when they are going to be absent
• Make a positive contribution to the choir
There is no white ribbon therefore we have opted to use the pale blue. Once they have achieved dark blue they will change the ribbon colour appropriately.
We hope you enjoy your time here at choir
Gina & Geoff